- 500 g whole milk
- 200 g + 100 g granulated sugar
- 600 g peanut butter
- 80 g dark chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 50 g hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 500 g heavy cream
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Semifreddo
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Semifreddo is a semi-frozen desert that is somewhere between ice cream and mousse. It’s a perfect ending to a heavy meal! The advantages of this desert, is that you can make it up to 1 week in advance and since it is molded in a loaf pan, it is very easy to cut slices of it that makes for a nice presentation when serving.
- Line a loaf pan or rectangular cake pan with plastic wrap. Let the plastic wrap hang 10 cm over the edges of the pan.
- Combine the milk and 200 g sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. When the sugar has melted, remove the pot from heat. Add the peanut butter and use a hand whisk to mix until it has dissolved. You are actually making a peanut butter ganache.
- Divide equally into 2 bowls and set aside to cool. You can start to work with it again once it has reached room temperature.
- Combine the remaining sugar with 100 g of water, in a small saucepan. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove pan from heat. Add the finely chopped chocolate. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate becomes completely incorporated within the mixture. Add the hazelnuts. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the heavy cream until it becomes whipped cream. You don’t want it to be very firm. Add 1/3 of the whipped cream to half of the peanut butter mixture in one of the bowls, and mix.
- Add another 1/3 of the whipped cream and gently fold into mixture.
- Pour half of this mixture into the loaf pan. Pour half of the peanut butter mixture (that you have not added whipped cream to), over it. Pour half of the chocolate mixture on top. To complete, add the remaining whipped cream. Cover with the plastic wrap that has been left hanging over the edges of the pan. Put in freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Combine ¼ of the peanut butter mixture with the remaining chocolate mixture. This makes a delicious sauce to drizzle or pour over your semifreddo.
- When the semifreddo has frozen through, let it sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before slicing. Heat the sauce in the microwave. Spoon over each slice of semifreddo, serve and enjoy!
Allow both mixtures to cool to room temperature before combining!!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by