- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 100 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g cherries, pitted
- 120 g fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 125 g butter, unsalted, chilled and cut into cubes
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- chocolate ice cream, for serving
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together, using a hand whisk until fluffy. About 4 minutes.
- Puree the cherries in a blender.
- Transfer pureed cherries to a pot. Add the lemon juice and salt. Simmer over medium heat.
- Add half of the warm pureed cherry mixture to the egg mixture, while whisking continuously. Add all of the new mixture to pot.
- Lower the heat to low. Cook while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, until bubbles start to rise in the mixture and it thickens. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly add the pieces of butter.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Gently press the wrap so that it touches the surface of the mixture. This is done so that it does not create a film on top. Put in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, place the mixture in bowls or serving glasses along with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream and whipped cream.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by