- 500 g hard flour (bread flour)
- 150 g carob flour
- 10 g molasses or petimezi (grape molasses) or carob honey
- 15 g fine salt
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 ml water
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Add all of the ingredients in a mixer's bowl.
- Beat on medium speed using the hook attachment, until the mixture starts to pull back from the sides of the bowl and a nice dough is formed.
- Transfer to a bowl that you have brushed with some olive oil.
- Allow it to rest and rise for 30 minutes.
- Then, shape the dough in to a small loaf and transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.