- 50 g butter, melted
- 7 g dry yeast (gluten free)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks + 1 for brushing
- 180 g milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400 g gluten free flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon mastic powder
- ½ mahlab powder
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (gluten free)
- 100 g almond slivers
- 100 g classic dark chocolate couverture, melted
- 100 g white chocolate couverture, melted
Gluten free Greek sweetbread - Tsoureki
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a mixer’s bowl, add the butter, yeast and icing sugar.
- Beat with the hook attachment for 5-7 minutes, on medium speed until completely combined.
- Add the egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract. Continue beating.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, mastic, mahlab, orange zest and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the mixer in batches, until you create a soft, elastic dough.
- Remove dough from mixer and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Allow to rise for 1-1 ½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 175* C (347* F) Fan.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured working surface and divide into 3 equal parts. Roll each part into a long roll, making sure they are all of equal size. Create a braid.
- Transfer sweetbread to a baking pan lined with parchment paper, brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with almond slivers.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with dark and white melted chocolates and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by