- 300 g whole wheat flour
- 80 g carob flour
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 300 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon spice mix
- 1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- 10 prunes, finely chopped
- ½ cup mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
Carob Bread with Ginger Prunes and Nuts
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 150* C (300* F) Fan.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, water, corn oil, spices and aromatics. Use a hand whisk to mix so that no lumps remain in the mixture.
- Transfer to a greased baking pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes. Insert a knife into bread and if it comes out clean, you are sure the bread is ready.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by