- 500 g medium zucchini, ends chopped off
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground all-spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and set aside at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek strained yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 hour 10 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Position the oven rack to a medium level and preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Brush a 22x12 cm loaf pan with oil.
- Grate the zucchini on a cheese grater, using the large blades.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Place it in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, lemon juice and melted butter with a hand whisk. Add the sugar and continue whisking.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice, salt and walnuts.
- Add the grated zucchini to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and mix.
- Spread mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden, rotating the pan while baking so it can bake evenly. Insert a toothpick into the cake to make sure it is ready; it should come out clean and dry.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.