This bread is so quick and easy to make. You don’t’ even need a mixer! It’s a treat on its own or the perfect addition to any meal!
- Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F) Fan.
For the 1st mixture
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and the cheddar cubes.
- Mix with a fork until all the pieces of cheese are completey coated.
For the 2nd mixture
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the milk, yogurt, butter and egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add half of the grated cheese to the bottom of a 36x13 cm bread pan and cover with bread batter.
- Smooth the top with a spoon and add remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing. Insert a knife into the bread before removing it from the oven, to make sure it is ready.
- When inserting the knife, make sure it’s not in an area with melted cheddar, because it won’t come out dry. But it won’t be because the bread isn’t ready!