Watermelon raisin bread
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a mixer’s bowl add the milk, the yeast, the sugar, and whisk using a hand whisk to dissolve the yeast.
- Add the yolks, the butter, the vanilla, and whisk again.
- Add the flour, salt, and beat with the hook attachment at medium speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the mixer’s bowl after having your hands greased with a little oil.
- Cut the dough in half. Add the red food coloring paste in the first piece and knead well. Set aside.
- Cut the other half of the dough in half. Keep the one piece white and in the other one, add the green food coloring paste. Knead well.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow 1 hour for them to rise.
- Cut all the pieces in half and set aside.
- Take one of the red pieces, add half of the raisins, and knead well shaping a ball. Set aside.
- With a rolling pin, roll out one of the white dough pieces and add the red piece in it. Wrap well so that the white dough covers the red.
- With a rolling pin, roll out one of the green dough pieces, add the white piece in it -seam side down- and wrap. At this point, you will have a ball that is green on the outside, white in the middle, and red on the inside.
- Follow the same process for the remaining dough pieces so that there will be 2 dough balls.
- Place each dough ball into the 3D spherical-shaped mold, cover with a kitchen towel, and let them rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160ο C (320ο F) set to fan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and let them cool.
- Cut with a serrated knife and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by