- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 80 g prosciutto, cut into pieces
- 200 g goat cheese, sliced into rounds
- 100 g pesto sauce
- 300 g buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
Prosciutto Soda Bread
1 hour 30 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil. Mix by rubbing the mixture together with your fingers.
- Add the pieces of prosciutto, cheese and the pesto sauce. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, dilute the buttermilk with 1 tablespoon of water. Add ¾ of the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture.
- If the dough seems a little dry and does not come together nicely, add a little more buttermilk.
- Mix with a fork until you create a slightly sticky dough.
- Transfer dough to baking pan and shape it into a loaf.
- Dust with some more flour. Insert a pointy knife, preferably a bread knife, deep into the loaf to create the shape of a cross.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Brush surface with some melted butter.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by