- 250 g water, lukewarm
- 8 g yeast
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 20 g olive oil
- 500 g hard flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) anise, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg yolk, diluted with 1 tablespoon water
- 30 g sesame seeds
Greek cross-shaped bread
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a mixer’s bowl add the water, the yeast, the sugar, and mix with a hand whisk until the sugar and the yeast are dissolved.
- Add the olive oil, the flour, the ginger, the cinnamon, the anise, the salt, and beat with the hook attachment at medium-high speed, for 3-4 minutes, until there is an elastic dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured bowl, sprinkle a little flour on top, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour to double in volume.
- Transfer the dough to your working surface and roll it out into a sheet 30 cm in diameter, dusting with flour.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough in a snail shape and spread it on your working surface. Braid it in a cross shape and transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with a tea towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Spread the egg wash over the whole surface of the dough, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by