- 6 slices of sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, only the leaves
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 120* C (248* F) Fan.
- Cut half of the slices of bread into small cubes, using a serrated knife.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the slices.
- Cut very carefully and gently, making sure not to press down on the bread so that it doesn’t ruin its shape.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the olive oil, butter, garlic and fresh thyme.
- Stir until the butter melts.
- Then add the cubes of bread and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix again, being careful not to crush them or break them apart.
- As soon as they turn golden, transfer to a baking pan and spread in one layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and discard the garlic.
- Transfer to a plate and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes before using so they can stay crunchy. If you use them while they are still hot they will turn soggy.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by