- 1 kilo sour cherry
- 800 g granulated sugar
- 5 cloves
- 2 stick(s) cinnamon
- 1 kilo brandy
Cherry or Sour Cherry Liqueur
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the cherries and set them aside to dry.
- Place them in a large jar along with the sugar and spices (the spices should be washed also). Place the jar in a safe place in the sun, until the sugar dissolves completely. Make sure there are no traces of sugar even along the bottom of the jar. This should take about 40 days.
- Begin by adding the 800 g of sugar. Since the cherries may be more sour or less sour, you will need to check for taste. After all of the sugar has dissolved (40 days) taste the mixture to see if you want to add any more sugar or not. If you like a sweeter taste, add the remaining sugar.
- Now you can add the cognac. Place the jar back in the sun and let it sit for a week.
- When ready, pour through a cheesecloth and transfer liqueur to a bottle.
- You can keep the fruit and use them as a topping for ice cream or add a couple to the glass when serving the liqueur.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by