- 500 g champignon mushrooms
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 kilo potatoes
- 200 g smoked bacon slab
- 200 g dark beer
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 200 g gruyere, grated
Potatoes au gratin with dark beer
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a frying pan over high heat and add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and add them to the hot frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon thyme and mix.
- Finely chop the garlic, cut the onions into thin slices, and add them to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, mix, and sauté for 15-20 minutes at medium heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut slices using the mandoline.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl and add salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon thyme.
- Place another frying pan on heat.
- Cut the bacon into cubes and add it to the frying pan. Sauté until golden. Deglaze the pan with the beer, add the chicken bouillon cube, remove from the heat, and mix. Transfer into the bowl with the potatoes and mix.
- Grease a 25x35 cm baking pan with olive oil. Layer half of the potatoes, spread half of the mushrooms and half of the grated cheese.
- Follow the same process for the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by