- 1 kilo potatoes
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 liter water
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 2 clove of garlic
- 70 g olive oil
- 30 g semolina
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika, sweet
- chicken, burger, for serving
Greek Crunchy Roast Potatoes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Place the baking pan you choose to use in the oven.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 4 pieces or into 2-3 pieces if they are smaller.
- Score each piece with a knife in 2-3 places.
- Transfer to a pot and add the juice of 2 lemons plus the actual squeezed lemons used.
- Add salt, pepper and 1 ½ liters of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, until the potatoes soften a little.
- When ready, drain, remove the lemons and allow all of the steam to evaporate from the potatoes. In this way they will release all of the moisture.
- In a bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil, thyme, whole garlic cloves, paprika, semolina, salt and pepper.
- Shake the bowl to combine all of the ingredients.
- Carefully remove the hot baking pan from the oven and immediately add the potatoes.
- Spread them out and quickly place the baking pan back into the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes every 10 minutes so that they can become golden evenly.
- When ready, remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by