- 1 kilo potatoes
- 75 g butter
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180°C (390° F) Fan.
- Spread a generous amount of coarse salt in to a small baking pan.
- Add the potatoes and prick them with a fork. This will allow a lot of the moisture to escape.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When ready, remove them from the oven.
- Cut them half and immediately scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Place the potatoes on to a flat sieve with a paper towel placed underneath it (you can also use a potato masher).
- Press them through the sieve with the aid of a scraper. Never use a processor to make mashed potatoes because they will turn out gummy.
- Place a pan over low heat.
- Add the potatoes and the butter in the pan.
- Stir with a spatula, giving the potatoes time to soak up all of the butter and become smooth and creamy. No milk or heavy cream is required.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add a knob of butter and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by