- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50 g butter
- 750 g chicken or vegetable stock
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 350 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated + extra to serve
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 50 g olive oil
- ground pepper
Risotto with cherry tomatoes
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A Mediterranean risotto!
- Sauté the onion with some olive oil in a pan over medium heat for at least 8 minutes. At the same time, heat the stock in a separate pot. As soon as the onion softens, add the rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and enough stock to cover the rice. Stir continuously until the stock is absorbed. When it does, add a spoonful of stock and wait for it to be soaked up. Repeat the same process until the rice is ready. This should take about 18 minutes.
- When the rice is ready and the mixture is creamy, remove from heat. Add the butter, parmesan, a lot of basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine and set aside for 1 minute so the risotto can rest. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with some more parmesan and serve warm.
You can also add some crumbled feta cheese!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by