- 500 g wheat berries, soaked in water overnight
- 1 kilo calamari, into rounds
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 50 ml ouzo
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 700 ml water
- 140 g butter
- 200 g parmesan cheese, optional
- 1/2 bunch parsley, only the leaves, finely chopped
Seafood Bulgur Risotto
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Rinse the bulgur with plenty of water. Strain well.
- In a bowl, add the calamari, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Sauté in a pan in small batches until golden. If you crowd your pan they will boil instead of brown nicely.
- When ready, put all of the calamari back in the pan and add the ouzo. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the alcohol in the ouzo evaporates.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the onion.
- When it starts to soften, add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Drain the bulgur and add to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in the boiling water. Add it to the pan in small batches. Stir and wait for each addition to be soaked up by the mixture before adding the next.
- When all of the water has been added and soaked up, remove from heat. The mixture should be creamy.
- Add the butter and grated parmesan. Stir and then add the calamari.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by