- sunflower oil
- 3 potatoes, medium
- 250 g ariani
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 3 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika, smoked
- tahini, for serving
Crispy battered fries with tahini sauce
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a deep pot over heat. Add enough sunflower oil to fill it half way and heat it to 180* C (350* F).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in to rounds that are 1 cm thick.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the aryani, thyme, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are combined and the potatoes are completely coated. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a wide container, add the flour, cumin, paprika, remaining salt and remaining pepper.
- Stir with a spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes from the bowl with the aryani mix and transfer to the flour mixture.
- Shake the container until the potatoes are completely coated in the flour mixture.
- Pick up a handful of potatoes in your hands and shake them to release excess flour.
- You can also place them in a strainer and shake it to remove excess flour.
- When the oil has been heated to the desired temperature, add them to the pan and fry for 6-8 minutes until nice and golden.
- When ready, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain from excess oil.
- Serve with tahini sauce.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by