- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 60 ml vegetable bouillon cube
- 250 g orzo
- 300 g spinach
- 50 g butter
- 150 g feta cheese (grated)
- 1 bunch of basil (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- a generous amount of pepper
Spinach and Feta Creamy Orzo
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Sauté the onions in a pot with some olive oil, over a low heat for at least 8 minutes. In another pot, warm the broth. As soon as the onion has softened, add the orzo and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Do not let it turn golden.
- In the meantime, in a pot full of salted water, boil the spinach that has already been washed. As soon as it softens, drain and squeeze with your hands until all the excess water has been removed. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Pour enough broth into the pot with the orzo, so that it covers it. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon over medium heat. As soon as all of the broth has been soaked up by the orzo, add another spoonful and repeat the same process until the orzo has cooked completely (about 125 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add some butter, the spinach, feta cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Stir it all together and let it “sit” for 1 minute. Taste to make sure it doesn’t need any more salt, pepper or broth. It should have a nice creamy texture. Serve immediately.
- Pour a little olive oil, about 1 tbsp and some freshly ground pepper over each dish.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by