- 650 g baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into thick slices
- 200 g thick smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 170 ml heavy cream
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, until almost soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions and bacon until the onions soften.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, milk and heavy cream. Whisk together and season to taste.
- Cut the potatoes into large pieces. You can remove the skin or leave it on according to your preferences.
- Brush a 34x25 cm baking dish with olive oil. Spread them in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon and onions on top.
- Add the egg and cream mixture and sprinkle with both types of grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by