- 4 potatοes
- coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, only the leaves, finely chopped
- generous amount of vegetable oil, for frying
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Spread a generous amount of coarse salt to cover the bottom of a baking pan.
- Add the potatoes, whole.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until they soften. The baking time depends on the size of the potatoes.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Rub the potatoes with your hands to remove any coarse salt stuck to them.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. The best way to do this is to cut them in half first and then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan, until it reaches 180* C (350* F).
- When ready, carefully add the potatoes in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden and crunchy.
- In a bowl, add some finely chopped rosemary, 2 teasoons smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Transfer the fries to the bowl using a spider and toss to coat in the seasoning mixture.
- Check seasoning and serve warm.
- You can also serve with your choice of meats.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.