- 75 g bulgur
- 100 g parsley, finely chopped
- 25 g fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus extra if needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, cut into thin rounds
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and cut in to 0.5 cm cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a medium bowl, add the bulgur. Add enough boiling water to cover it.
- Let it soak for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. Check to see when it has softened. The amount of time it needs to soak depends on how fine or coarse the bulgur you are using is cut. The finer cut needs less time and the coarser cut needs more. Add extra water if necessary.
- Finely chop the herbs and spring onions. Put them to a large bowl and add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Fluff up the bulgur with a fork. Add to the bowl.
- Add the cucumber and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix with a fork and set aside for a few minutes to allow the ingredients to marinate.
- Season to taste and serve.
The water used to soak the bulgur has to be boiling hot!
Rate this recipe You need to login