- 150 g brown lentils
- 150 g orange lentils
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 eggs
- a handful of rocket leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot, add the lentils, garlic and bay leaf along with enough water to completely cover them.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until they soften.
- 10 minutes before they are ready, season with salt and pepper.
- When ready drain, remove the garlic and bay leaf. Set aside until needed.
- Boil the eggs in a pot with some water for 6 minutes.
- When ready, remove from pot and place under cold running water.
- Peel the eggs and set them aside.
- In a bowl or a deep dish, add the lentils, rocket, onions, pepper and vinegar. Toss.
- Cut the eggs in half and place on top along with the cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.