- 180 g quinoa
- 50 ml olive oil
- lemon zest, of 2 limes
- lemon juice, of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 20 g ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100 g broccoli, in florets
- 2 avocado(s), ripe
- mint leaves, finely chopped
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Fill a bowl with cold water and add the quinoa.
- Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a strainer and discard the water.
- Quinoa has a natural coating that can make it bitter. This is removed when soaked in water and rinsed.
- Transfer to a pot and add 1 liter of water. Place pot over heat and bring to a boil. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Do not over boil.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the salad dressing and the rest of the salad.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, honey and ginger. Whisk.
- Add the spring onions, yellow pepper, red pepper, broccoli florets and avocado. Mix.
- When the quinoa is ready, drain and rinse to cool it off so that you can add it to the salad.
- Drain and add to the bowl. Toss.
- Add the chopped mint, season to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by