- 200 g millet
- 600 g water
- 50 g almonds, raw
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g baby carrots
- 30 g olives, cut into rounds
- 50 g sundried tomatoes
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese
- juice from 1 lemon
Mediterranean millet salad
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot over medium heat. Add the millet and the water.
- Let the millet come to a boil over medium to low heat for 10-12 minutes until it softens and the water is absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat and transfer the millet to a bowl to cool.
- Place a pan over medium heat.
- Roast the almonds for a few seconds and set them aside.
- Crumble the almonds and transfer them to the bowl with the millet.
- Place again the pan over heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and let it warm up.
- Sauté the carrots for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the bowl with the millet.
- In the bowl, add the olives, sundried tomatoes (cut into rounds) and the parsley.
- Crumble the feta cheese in the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a spoon. Check the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by