- 1/2 kilo beetroots, fresh
- 40 g butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 600 g water
- 50 g walnuts
- 200 g feta cheese
- 10 peppermint leaves, fresh
Glazed Beetroots with Feta and Mint
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash beetroots and remove stems and greens.
- Quarter them and add them to a pot along with the butter, sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Add enough water to cover the beetroots completely.
- Boil for about 10 minutes over medium to high heat, until they soften. Mix often so that most of the liquid reduces and turns into a type of sauce.
- When ready, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a small pan over medium heat and add the walnuts. Toast for 3-4 minutes and set aside.
- Finely chop the mint.
- Cut the feta into small cubes and coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Add both to the bowl with the beetroots.
- Lightly toss and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by