- 150 g wild rice
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in to 1 ½ cm cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in to 2 cm cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in to 2 cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, only the green ends
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- grated zest and juice from ½ an orange
- 150 g haloumi cheese
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Cook the wild rice in a pot, according to the instructions on the box. About 45 minutes.
- When ready, remove from heat, transfer to a strainer and rinse with cold water for about 30 seconds.
- Drain and set aside until needed.
- In the meantime, line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes, red and yellow peppers and sprinkle with some cumin and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Add the sunflower seeds and bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the spring onion, parsley and wild rice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, orange zest, orange juice.
- Pour the mixture in to the large bowl and gently toss.
- Place a pan over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the haloumi.
- Cook on both sides for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Cut in to slices and add them to the salad.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.