- 2 medium finochio
- 2 oranges
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- salt flower
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Remove all of the hard and dirty layers from the finochio.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice it, lengthwise.
- Transfer to a bowl with water and ice, making sure all of the slices are submerged. This will help keep their color brighter.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, until you see the ends curl up. Let the finnochio slices soak in the water as long as possible to ensure the best result.
- Peel the oranges with a very sharp knife. Remove all the pith and cut into very thin slices. Remove any pits.
- Drain the slices of finnochio and transfer to some paper towels to dry off.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil. Toss to coat completely.
- Spread the finnochio slices in wide salad bowl and cover with orange slices.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with some salt flower and finely chopped onion.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.