- 1 kilo sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, stem and seeds removed and cut into 0.5 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 spring onions
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Fill a pot with water and place over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook until slightly softened.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Cover pot with lid and cook for 16-20 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and cover pot again. Steam for 2-4 minutes, until softened.
- Drain the vegetables and wash with cold water for about 2 minutes, until they are completely cold.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer ½ of this mixture to a separate bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 30 seconds at 800 watts, until it steams.
- Drizzle mixture over vegetables. Toss to coat and set aside at room temperature to 15 minutes to allow the vegetables to soak up all of the aromas.
- Sauté the bacon in a 25 cm pan for 6-8 minutes, over medium heat until crunchy. When ready, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the remaining vinegar mixture. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour dressing over salad. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- Season to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.