- 5 carrots
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon. coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds
- olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Peel the carrots and boil them just enough to cook them a little bit, but not to make them soft.
- When ready, remove from water with a slotted spoon and allow them to cool.
- Cut them in to slanted vertical, thick slices and set aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat and let it get very hot.
- Add a small amount of olive oil and sauté the aromatics for 1-2 minutes, until they release their aroma.
- Season to taste.
- Add the carrots, lemon juice and toss.
- Remove from heat and mix in the feta cheese.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.