- 400 g zucchini
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 200 g lentils, boiled
- 150 g strained yogurt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon + extra zest, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped + extra, to serve
- pepper, to serve
Zucchini and lentil salad
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- With a mandoline slicer cut the zucchini into ribbons, each 0,5 cm thick, or cut them with a peeler into slices, lengthwise.
- Transfer the ribbons into a large bowl.
- Cut the halloumi into 1 cm cubes and add them to the bowl with the zucchini. Add the lentils and mix.
- In another bowl, with a spoon, mix the yogurt, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, turmeric, mint, and salt.
- Add the sauce into the bowl with the vegetables and mix with a serving spoon.
- Season to taste and serve with mint, lemon zest, and pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by