- 200 g baby spinach
- 1 medium head of frisee lettuce, cut into pieces
- 250 g strawberries
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 7 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- some salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pieces of sliced bread, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A fresh spring salad full of vibrant colors and tastes!!
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Put the vegetables and fruit into a bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking the remaining ingredients.. the olive oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise and some salt in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil one drop at a time in the beginning, until the mixture starts to thicken. Then you can add it a little faster while mixing, until all of the ingredients combine completely and you create a rich vinaigrette.
- If it becomes too thick, add a little water.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss.
- Cut the slices of bread into bite sized cubes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 10-12 minutes. .
- Add the croutons to the salad and serve!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.