- 420 g puff pastry sheet
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 thyme
- 1 egg yolk, diluted with 1 tablespoon water
- 200 g rocket
- zest, from 1 lime
- juice, from 1/2 lime
- 200 g cream cheese
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 150 g mackerel, smoked
- 50 g blue cheese
- 30 g walnuts
Puff pastry salad tart
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- Spread the puff pastry sheet on your working surface and lightly press a rolling pin over it, to flatten it well.
- Cut a 28 cm circle, using a plate. Transfer the round puff pastry to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt, pepper, and spread with the egg wash. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the remaining puff pastry into small pieces -all around- and spread a little olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, egg wash and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl add the rocket, the lime zest and juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Put the puff pastry on your serving platter. Spread the cream cheese over its whole surface, pressing lightly to crack it.
- Spread the rocket from the bowl and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Place a frying pan over high heat.
- Add the mackerel to the pan and sauté for 1 minute on both sides.
- Add the blue cheese crumbled into pieces, the mackerel, the walnuts, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the puff pastry pieces, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by