- 250 g chickpeas, peeled, raw
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 liter water
- 300 g beetroots, boiled
- 150 g olive oil
- zest, of 1 lemon
- juice, of 1-2 lemons (depending on your preference)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, optional
- 100 g tahini
- 1 level teaspoon(s) cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- tortillas, to serve
- thyme, to serve
- sesame seeds, to serve
- sesame seeds, black, to serve
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Add the chickpeas into a bowl and soak them in water and 1 teaspoon salt from the previous night.
- Drain them and rinse well.
- In a pot over high heat, add 1,5 liters water and boil the chickpeas until they are tender, for about 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drain well in another bowl (keep the water) and add them into a food processor along with the boiled beetroots, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and process them until the mixture is homogenized.
- If your mixture is too thick, add a little of the boiled chickpeas water.
- Season with salt and pepper, have a taste of the hummus, and adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to your preferences.
- Sprinkle with thyme, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with cut tortillas, lightly sautéed in the frying pan.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by