- 250 g golden raisins
- 350 g black raisins
- 100 ml cognac
- grated zest + juice from 1 lemon
- 300 g very cold butter, grated
- 250 g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 90 g dried citrus peels
- ½ nutmeg, grated
- 1 large green apple, peeled and grated
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the golden raisins, black raisins and cognac.
- Heat for 5-7 minutes, until the raisins soften.
- Drain and reserve the cognac. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the mincemeat along with the raisins.
- Add the cognac at the end. Mix and transfer to a jar.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.