- 1 kilo fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Duxelles is a finely chopped (minced) mixture of mushrooms or mushroom stems, onions, shallots and herbs sautéed until it has reduced to a paste. It is a basic preparation used in stuffings and sauces (notably, beef Wellington) or as a garnish.
- Finely chop the mushrooms. Chop them in a blender into small pieces… but do not puree them.
- Transfer to a pot. Add the olive oil and cook over medium to high heat.
- Lower heat and add the salt which will help them release their liquid.
- Saute for 30-45 minutes or until they completely dry out and shrink down to about 1/4 of their previous volume.
- You want your mixture to look like an olive paste when its ready. This process takes over half an hour.
- Finally, add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Your Duxelles is ready! Set it aside until needed.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by