This sauce is brought to you all the way from the Canary Islands!
For the sauce
- Use a mortar and pestle to pulverize the garlic along with a pinch of salt. add the coriander and continue crushing until it turns into a nice green paste.
- Add the cumin and sprinkle with some vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and add enough olive oil (about 6 tablespoons) in order to create a sauce that is not so thick.
- You can add a little more vinegar if it suits your taste.
For the potatoes
- Boil 1 kilo of potatoes in 1 liter of water and 250 g salt. Boil for 20 minutes until soft. Drain and place them back into the pot. Cover with lid and put back on heat, but turn heat off. Leave on heat for a few minutes until a thin crust of salt has formed on the potatoes and the skin shrivels.
- Serve with sauce.