- 1 can whole tomatoes
- some basil and thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- few drops of worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, optional
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Quick and easy to make! This fragrant, homemade tomato sauce can be used for pizza or pasta. It’s always good to have some stored in the refrigerator to cut down on cooking time!
- Empty the can of whole tomatoes into a bowl. Mash the larger pieces with a fork. Leave some pieces larger. It’s nice to get the full flavored taste of the tomato when you bite into a pizza.
- Finely chop the herbs. If you don’t have any fresh herbs on hand, you can use dry herbs.
- Add the herbs, ketchup, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, the sauce and olive oil to the bowl with the tomatoes. Stir to combine. Add the grated parmesan last (optional).
- Can be stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap. You can use it any time you want to make a pizza.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.