- 250 g dry chickpeas (400 g ready boiled)
- 1,5 liter of water
- 1 levelled teaspoon of salt
- 100 g tahini
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 leveled teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- a generous amount of freshly ground pepper
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- juice from 1-2 lemons, depending on your tastes
- ½ clove of garlic (optional)
- chili flakes to serve
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Soak the chickpeas in a bowl full of enough cold water and with a levelled teaspoon of salt, to completely cover them, for at least 6 hours.
- Whem ready, drain, discard water and rinse under running water.
- Place a pot filled with 1 1/2 liters of salted water over high heat. Add the chickpeas and bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until they soften. This depends on what kind of ckickpeas you are using.
- When ready, drain but reserve the water they were boiled in. Let them cool in a strainer just for 5 minutes. It is important they are still hot when they are pureed.
- Transfer them to a food processor. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, ground cumin, salt, pepper, paprika and olive oil.
- Beat until the chickpeas are pureed and all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Add as much of the reserved water to make the hummus as smooth and creamy as you like.
- Beat again, until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Taste the hummus and adjust the seasoning and lemon juice according to your preferences.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes, ground cumin, drizzle with some extra virgin Greek olive oil and some small cubes of tomato.
- Serve with warm greek pita bread.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by