- 1 clove of garlic, peel on
- 4 medium eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 100 g white chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- freshly ground pepper
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- toasted bread or pita bread, for serving
1 hour 30 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Set the oven to grill or broiler.
- Place the garlic and eggplants on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, skin side up.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Grill until they soften and are completely cooked through. It should take about 20 minutes for the garlic and 40 minutes for the eggplants.
- When ready, squeeze the garlic out of the skin and place in a bowl.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplants and add it to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, tahini, white chocolate, half of the parsley, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Process until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the remaining parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with toasted bread of pita bread for easy dipping.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.