- 120 ml sake
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 60 g fresh ginger, cut in to pieces
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 onion, quartered
- 500 ml water
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a saucepan over medium to high heat.
- Add the sake and let the alcohol evaporate. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until it completely dissolves.
- Add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, thyme, onion and water.
- Stir and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve to remove the garlic, ginger and thyme.
- It is ready! You want the teriyaki sauce to be thick and have a syrup-like consistency.
- Allow it to cool, transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by