- 750 g risotto rice
- 1 kilo granulated sugar
- 1.350 ml water
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (1 packet vanilla powder)
- 200 g butter, and more for greasing
- some mastic
Mastic Rice Cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Soak the rice in water, for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390*F) Fan.
- In a pot, add 1.350 ml of water and 1 kilo of sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Drain the rice from the water and beat in a blender or food processor.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, add the lemon zest, vanilla, mastic and the rice. Stir continuously with a hand whisk.
- When the mixture has thickened, add 125 g of butter.
- Grease a 27x37 cm baking pan, with the remaining butter. Pour in the mixture.
- Before baking, slice the mixture into pieces. Using a knife, slice, first vertically and then horizontally. It will make a prettier presentation.
- Bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by