- 10 white eggs
- pink or red egg dye
- edible gold, in powder or liquid form
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- plastic gloves, for handling eggs
- paint brush
- some olive oil, to shine eggs
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Boil the eggs according to the instructions on the package of egg dye. We prefer the eggs should be white so that the color looks nicer or more pale on them.
- When ready, allow them to cool completely.
- In a pot, add the water, egg dye and vinegar.
- Stir well and add the eggs in one layer.
- Follow the directions on the package of egg dye but remove the eggs sooner than specified so that they are paler in color.
- Gently rinse the eggs with water.
- Spread the gold over the eggs with a paint brush before they dry.
- You can try all different types of techniques with the gold.
- You can paint on just a few brushstrokes on some eggs or sprinkle the gold on the eggs to make them look like splashes of gold.
- When ready, allow them to dry completely.
- You can also dampen a cloth with some olive oil and very gently rub the eggs to give them a shine. This should be done very carefully so that you don’t remove or ruin the gold designs.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.