- 2 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic
- 50 g olives, cut in rounds
- 200 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 120 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g white mushrooms
- 6 Greek pita bread for souvlaki
- 1 spring onion, minced, for serving
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven at 180ο C (356* F) Set to Fan.
- Finely chop the spring onions and parsley and add them to a bowl.
- Add the white balsamic, some salt, pepper and the olive. Mix using a spoon.
- In another bowl, mix the cheeses.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil.
- Cut the mushrooms into 1 mm slices and add them to the pan.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms shrink in volume and turn slightly golden.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and add them to the bowl with the spring onions. Mix and set aside.
- Line a 30x40 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place 3 pita breads in the baking pan, one next to the other.
- Spread 1/3 of the filling on each pita bread and then cover with 1/3 of the cheeses.
- Cover with the rest of the 3 pita breads making 3 sandwiches.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and serve with the spring onion.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by