Preparation for the dough
- Add the flour and salt into a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle tool. Mix the flour and salt together for about 2 rounds. Add the butter and continue to mix until the mixture resembles a crumb texture.
- In a bowl add the egg, vinegar and water and beat it together with a fork. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix for a few seconds.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for a few seconds. (ONLY)
- Split the dough into two sections we flatten them a bit and wrap them in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
Preparation for the filling
- Preheat oven at 200 C° on air setting.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a wide pot with a bit of olive oil. Add the herbs to give the oil a nice aroma.
- Next add the ground beef and sauté until the meat is cooked and doesn't have a red color.
- Add the olives, raisins, salt, pepper and the tomatoes.
- Sautés on medium heat 5 minutes more and most of the juices have evaporated and the meat is left with only the oil.
- Remove from the heat and add the egg and stir, let sit to cool.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough as wide as you can and with either a lid from boil or a round cutter 15cm wide we cut out 12 rounds.
- To each round we add 2 to 3 Tbsp of the beef filling, in a small bowl add some water, take your finger or a cooking brush and add a bit of water on the edges of the rounds, to help seal them up well.
- Fold the rounds from one side to the other and press down gentle to form a half moon. In a bowl whisk the egg with a bit of water and baste each pocket with the egg wash.
- Place the pockets on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes....