- 7 organic eggs, medium sized
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 courgette flowers, stamens removed and cut in half
Courgette and Courgette Flower Frittata
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl until completely combined. Do not overbeat and make the mixture frothy.
- Add the grated parmesan, a pinch of salt and a generous amount of pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Place a 28 cm pan over high heat and let it get extremely hot. When ready, add the olive oil, onion and courgettes.
- Sauté for a few minutes, until they turn a light golden and add a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl lined with paper towels to drain from excess oil.
- Allow them to cool and coat them in the egg mixture.
- Wipe down your pan with some paper towels. Place over medium heat and add some butter.
- When the butter melts, add the egg mixture with the courgettes. Add the courgette flowers on top.
- Cover the pan and lower heat to low. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the top sets and the bottom turns golden.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by