Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Prepare the bacon.
- Use the same pan you just used for the bacon.
- Add 1 teaspoon butter and melt it over medium to high heat.
- Toast the slices of bread in the pan on one side.
- When the bread is golden, remove from pan and start to assemble the sandwich.
- For each sandwich, place 1 slice of bread on a plate, toasted side up. Spread some mustard on it and top with 2 bacon slices. Add 2 slices of cheddar and cover with another slice of bread, toasted side down.
- Brush top and bottom of sandwich with butter put back in the pan. Toast on both sides, just until golden.
- Put sandwiches in a small baking pan and put in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts and the bread is nice and crunchy.
- While the grilled cheese is in the oven, fry the eggs.
- When the sandwiches are ready, remove from oven, transfer to a plate and put 1 egg over each grilled cheese sandwich.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by