- 8 figs, fresh
- 2 avocado(s), ripe
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 200 g cheddar, grated
- 100 g butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) chives
- 4 figs, sliced, to serve, optional
Grilled cheese with avocados and figs
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the figs and the avocados into thin slices and divide them over 4 slices of bread. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover with the rest of the 4 slices to make 4 sandwiches.
- Heat half of the butter in a pan over medium heat. Place 2 of the sandwiches one next to the other into the pan. Cover with the lid and allow 3-5 minutes until the bread turns golden.
- Carefully turn over the bread and cover with the lid again. Continue for 3-5 minutes until the bread turns golden. Remove both sandwiches from pan.
- Heat the rest of the butter in the pan. Repeat the process for the other 2 sandwiches.
- Remove from pan and serve with finely chopped chives and chopped figs.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by