- 3 zucchinis, medium sized
- mint, some
- thyme, some
- 1 onion, small
- 8 eggs
- olive oil, for frying
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 green bell pepper
- cayenne pepper, for serving
Mint and Zucchini Frittata
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
For those of you who have never tried the Italian version of an omelet which is called a Frittata, it is the perfect and very healthy dish for Sunday brunch!
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends. Cut in half, lengthwise and then thinly slice.
- Use a stovetop oven pan, a pan that can be used both on the stovetop and in the oven and that does not have plastic handles.
- Thinly slice the onion. Pour some olive oil in the pan and as soon as it gets hot, lower the heat to low and sauté the onions until they caramelize.
- Cut the green pepper in half and finely chop the one half. Set the other half aside to use at the end.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, finely chopped mint and thyme and some crumbled feta cheese. Mix with a hand whisk.
- When the onions are caramelized, turn up the heat and add the chopped pepper, zucchini and a little more olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add half of the egg mixture to the pan and shake the pan so the mixture spreads in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are cooked on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the egg mixture to the pan. Spread it around in the pan.
- Crumble the rest of the feta cheese over the frittata. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Set your oven on broiler and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by