- 1 watermelon
- 500 g anthotyro cheese
- 150 g honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- zest, of 1 lemon
- 200 g strained yogurt
- mint leaves, to serve
Watermelon with cheese mousse filling
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
For the cheese mousse
- Add the anthotyro cheese into a food processor and beat for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is dissolved.
- Add the honey, the vanilla extract, the lemon zest, and beat for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is homogenized. Regularly scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula so that the whole mixture is well-combined.
- Transfer into a bowl, add the yogurt, and mix with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut the watermelon in half and then, cut each half into 4 cm thick slices.
- Cut each slice into 3 pieces, approximately.
- With a knife, carefully cut the inside of each piece so to create a 2 cm cavity and fill it with the cheese mousse. The watermelon left should be 1 cm thick on each side.
- Fill with the cheese mousse and serve with mint leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by